Saturday 22 June 2013

Weekend reflections: John Rylands' afternoon glow @theJohnRylands


The reflections in the late afternoon and early evening summer sunshine provide a magical glow to the wonderful John Rylands Library on Deansgate. The Grade I listed building library always looks much older than its 1890 date to me, but that's neo-gothic architecture for you! 

It was founded by Enriqueta Augustina Rylands in memory of her husband, John Rylands and is one of Manchester's gems. I cannot believe I haven't posted about it before in my 26 months of blogging here at Mancunian Wave. I did name it as one of my favourite Manchester buildings in an interview at Manhattanchester a few days ago.

Taking part in the Weekend Reflections postings.

8 comments:

  1. The magical glow is an amazing sight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classy shot, Chrissy. Hope you won't wait too long to show us this amazing building again :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a splendid building, love those oriel windows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why this building is a favorite. Very magical!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great reflections. Nice shot, thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magical effects here... very well done, Chrissy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning reflections on that neo-gothic building. Well captured.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Impressive image, really accomplished!
    God bless you!
    Cezar

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain