Thursday 15 January 2015

Hut, near Bridge number 134


...on the Trent and Mersey Canal on the Staffordshire-Cheshire borders is this cute and colourful summer house. The waters turn a murky colour around here due to the soil and it all reminds me of a relic of the British Empire in Malaysia or somewhere- it certainly recalls a river trip I made in Malaysia once down a wider but similarly coloured river where poverty-imposed villagers panned for minerals.


This week's Thursday Challenge is Red.







4 comments:

  1. Very nice, certainly a cheerfull little place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why it does that- I'm reminded of a photo montage from somewhere in that part of the world with a series of houses right on the water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you Chrissy. I love this little hut!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet, wee cottage with cool red accents. Enjoyed your travel memories and commentary too.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain